Difference between revisions of "AMC 8"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
== Format ==
== Format ==
The AMC 8 is a 25
The AMC 8 is a 25 40 exam. increase in difficulty as the .
Revision as of 13:36, 30 March 2019
The AMC 8 is an exam for students in grades 8 and below, administered annually by the American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) to students all over the United States.
Usually, high scoring students will be given a chance by their school to take the more challenging AMC 10 exam. However, there is no requirement for the AMC 10 besides the fact that you have to be 10 grade or below.
The AMC 8 is administered by the American Mathematics Competitions (AMC). Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) is a proud sponsor of the AMC. The test is intended to foster interest in mathematics and also to help middle school students learn mathematical problem solving.
|Type: Multiple Choice|
|Difficulty: 1 - 1.5|
Problems 1 - 12: 1
The AMC 8 Exam is a 25 problem exam. There are 40 minutes given in exam. Problem increase in difficulty as the problem number increases.
The AMC 8 is usually administered on the third Tuesday of November. Some schools may take it as late as the fourth Tuesday. The 2017 AMC 8 was administered on November 14. 2018 was on the second tuesday.
Use the links above to access many years worth of competition questions.
- Introduction to Counting & Probability by Dr. David Patrick. Information
- Introduction to Geometry by Richard Rusczyk. Information
- The Art of Problem Solving Volume I by Sandor Lehoczky and Richard Rusczyk. Information.
- Art of Problem Solving offers many helpful online classes on topics covered by the AMC 8.
- AoPS holds many free Math Jams, some of which include problems and concepts at the level tested by the AMC 8.
- EPGY offers some contest preparation classes.