- Commutativity: The sum is equivalent to .
- Associativity: The sum is equivalent to . This sum is usually denoted .
- Closure: If and are both elements of , then is an element of . This is also the case with , , and .
- Identity: for any complex number .
- Inverse: The sum of a number and its additive inverse, , is equal to zero.
- Equality: If , then .
- If is real and is positive, .
- The sum of a number and its Complex conjugate is a real number.
- (See also Subtraction)
This article is a stub. Help us out by.