American Mathematics Competitions
The American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) consist of a series of increasingly difficult tests for students in middle school and high school. These contests include the AMC 8, the AMC 10, the AMC 12, the AIME, and the USAMO. The top students on the final test are invited to participate in the Math Olympiad Summer Program, where students train for possible inclusion on the United States Mathematics Olympiad team.
The AMC sets the standard in the United States for talented high school students of mathematics. The curriculum they test is both comprehensive and modern. The AMC exams are so well designed that some top universities such as MIT now ask students for their AMC scores.
- Introduction to Counting & Probability by Dr. David Patrick. Information
- Introduction to Geometry by Richard Rusczyk. Information
- The Art of Problem Solving Volume I by Sandor Lehoczky and Richard Rusczyk. Information.
- The Art of Problem Solving Volume II by Sandor Lehoczky and Richard Rusczyk. Information.
- Art of Problem Solving offers many helpful online classes on topics covered by the AMC exams.
- EPGY offers AMC contest preparation classes.