AoPS Wiki:Community portal
- For discussion related to the AoPSWiki, please see AoPSWiki:Discussion.
Welcome to our community portal. This is the page to learn about using/editing the AoPSWiki, discover what is currently on-going on the AoPSWiki, and view important guidelines and policies that editors should abide by.
- Main article: AoPSWiki:About
What makes AoPSWiki different from other math-related wikis and web resources is that the AoPSWiki is more involved in problem-solving techniques than most other math dictionaries or math encyclopedias (which are usually written on the level of professional mathematicians).
- The AoPSWiki tutorial contains basic information about editing the wiki, including general syntax help.
- To begin uploading and adding solutions to contest problems, take a look at AoPSWiki:Contest Problems Standards.
- Different namespaces include the talk, template, and category namespaces. Each serves to a different purpose.
- Learn what AoPSWiki is not a place for.
- For other information regarding wikis, see the MediaWiki help contents.
As a fairly new wiki, the AoPSWiki needs the help of many contributors. Here are some ways to help improve the quality of the AoPSWiki.
- Create an non-existant article.
- Edit existing articles to fix errors (both grammatical and mistakes) or to add more information.
- De-stub a short article.
- Create and upload relevant images.
- Add solutions to problems that lack them.
- Support the AoPSWiki.
- Spread the word about the AoPSWiki.
- Requests: Relation, Product, Analysis, Logic, Continuous, Space, Equality condition, more...
- Stubs: Arc, Biology, Calculus, Element, International Mathematical Olympiad, Law of Sines, Parabola, more...
- Wikify: Absolute value, Lattice point, Minkowski Inequality, more...
- Image requests: Convex polygon, Ellipse, Euler line, Incenter, Platonic solid, more...
In order to maintain an orderly wiki, the AoPSWiki contains a set of general guidelines and policies that editors should always follow.