Spam is a message, post, or article that is, for the most part, irrelevant. Context is the best guide for relevance.
Spam on the AoPS message boards
Spam on the AoPS message boards can usually be classified as one of two major types. However, there may be more types which we would appreciate if you refrained from doing on the AoPS message boards. The first type is advertising and the second is to raise one's post count or be annoying or unproductive. The first is grounds for an immediate ban from the message boards and will always be deleted when caught. The second is generally discouraged, but the consequences are not so harsh.
Examples of Spam
Spam can include:
- Repeating the same word / letter / phrase over and over
- Useless off-topic posting
- Violating ToS guidelines
- Using post extenders (i.e. /8char)
- Posting deliberately to wreak havoc (Trolling)
Spam on AoPSWiki
There is zero tolerance for spam on the AoPSWiki. Examples of spam include writing stuff irrelevant to a topic in that particular article, posting links to irrelevant websites, etc.
However, the AoPSWiki is not opposed to relevant commercial links, so long as they are appropriately placed and topical.
The following is always considered spam:
- Links to websites that are collections of links and advertisements. Just link the most appropriate links where they belong in the AoPSWiki.