Balkan Mathematical Olympiad
The Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (BMO) is an annual contest for students from one of the member countries (Balkan area). In recent years the hosts have also invited some non-member guest countries.
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Main article: Junior high-school (Gymnasium) Math Competitions in Cyprus.
In Cyprus Four provincial competitions and a National (Pancyprian) competition are held every year. During this procedure 30 students are selected and 4 Team Selection Tests are held to determine who will be the six member of national team for BMO.
- In every competition or test there are four problem usually covering geometry, number theory, algebra, and combinatorics (elementary level) and last four hours each.
- Θαλής (Thalis) - first round
- Ευκλείδης (Efklidis) - second round
- Αρχιμήδης (Archimidis) - third round
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Republic of Moldova
- The 1st BMO was held in Athens, Greece in 1984.
- The 2nd BMO was held in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1985.
- The 3rd BMO was held in Bucharest, Romania in 1986.
- The 4th BMO was held in Athens, Greece in 1987.
- The 5th BMO was held in Nicosia, Cyprus in 1988.
- The 6th BMO was held in Split, Yugoslavia in 1989.
- The 7th BMO was held in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1990.
- The 8th BMO was held in Constanţa, Romania in 1991.
- The 9th BMO was held in Athens, Greece in 1992.
- The 10th BMO was held in Nicosia, Cyprus in 1993.
- The 11th BMO was held in Novi Sad, Yugoslavia in 1994.
- The 12th BMO was held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria in 1995.
- The 13th BMO was held in Bacău, Romania in 1996.
- The 14th BMO was held in Kalambaka, Greece in 1997.
- The 15th BMO was held in Nicosia, Cyprus in 1998.
- The 16th BMO was held in Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in 1999.
- The 17th BMO was held in Chişinău, Moldova in 2000.
- The 18th BMO was held in Belgrade, Yugoslavia in 2001.
- The 19th BMO was held in Antalya, Turkey in 2002.
- The 20th BMO was held in Tirana, Albania in 2003.
- The 21st BMO was held in Pleven, Bulgaria in 2004.
- The 22nd BMO was held in Iaşi, Romania on 4-10 May, 2005. 
- The 23rd BMO was held in Agros, Cyprus on 27 April-3 May, 2006. 
- The 24th BMO will be held in Rhodes, Greece in 2007.