Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad
The Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (JBMO) is an annual contest for students under the age of 15.5 from one of the member countries (Balkan area). In recent years the hosts have also invited some non-member guest countries.
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Main article: Junior high-school (Gymnasium) Maths Competitions in Cyprus.
In Cyprus Four provincial competitions and a National (Pancyprian) competition are held every year. During this procedure 30 students are selected and Four Team Selection Tests are held to determine who will be the the six member of national team for JBMO
- In every competition or test there are four problem usually covering geometry, number theory, algebra, and combinatorics (elementary level) and last four hours each.
- Θαλής (Thalis) - first round
- Ευκλείδης (Efklidis) - second round
- Αρχιμήδης (Archimidis) - third round
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Republic of Moldova
Serbia & Montenegro
- The 1st JBMO was held in Belgrade, Yugoslavia in 1997.
- The 2nd JBMO was held in Athens, Greece in 1998.
- The 3rd JBMO was held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria in 1999.
- The 4th JBMO was held in Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in 2000.
- The 5th JBMO was held in Nicosia, Cyprus in 2001.
- The 6th JBMO was held in Târgu-Mureş, Romania in 2002.
- The 7th JBMO was held in Izmir, Turkey in 2003.
- The 8th JBMO was held in Novi Sad, Yugoslavia in 2004.
- The 9th JBMO was held in Veria, Greece on 20-26 June , 2005. 
- The 10th JBMO was held in Moldova on 25-30 June, 2006. 
- The 11th JBMO will held in 2007.