The program seeks "potential academic leaders, who as individuals and as a group, will enrich and benefit from the campus learning environment."
- All freshman applicants admitted to the Honors College are considered (no additional application materials).
- Semifinalists (about 400) invited to campus for an interview - all semifinalists who attend the interview are guaranteed to receive either a full or partial B/K scholarship.
- About 150 finalists receive full scholarships.
- Two levels of funding - first level provides full tuition, residence hall room, and basic resident dining plan for four years; second level provides a partial tuition scholarship each year for four years.
- Annual book allowance for both full and partial scholarships
- Free iPhone/iTouch as part of UMD's Mobility Initiative for both full and partial scholarships
For more information, see the website.