CIA Undergraduate Scholar Program
High school seniors planning to enroll or college freshmen/sophomores currently enrolled in a 4- or 5-year college program are eligible. The application period is August 1 - October 15.
Students will have to
- work at an Agency facility in the D.C. area during summer breaks and for a period equal to 1.5 times the length of the college sponsorship after college graduation
- maintain full-time college status with a minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- US citizenship
- 18 years of age by April 1of your senior year
- 1500 SAT (1000 Math & Critical Reading, 500 Writing) or 21 ACT scores or higher (high school students)
- 3.0/4.0 scale high school or college GPA or higher
- Financial need as demonstrated by the household income ceiling up to <dollar/>70,000 for a family of four, and <dollar/>80,000 for a family of five or more
- Meet the same employment standards as permanent employees, successfully completing both security and medical processing
- Available to work in the Washington, DC area during your periods of employment
- an annual salary;
- an optional benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and retirement;
- up to $18,000 per calendar year for tuition, mandatory fees, books, and supplies.
- transportation costs from the school to the D.C. area and a housing allowance each summer
For more information, check out the website.