Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program

High school graduates accepted for enrollment in an institution of high education and with outstanding academic achievements should apply in their home state. Students attending military academies are ineligible.


  • graduated high school or received GED
  • be a legal resident of the state
  • be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or national of the U.S.
  • has applied or been accepted for enrollment at an institution of higher education
  • not ineligible to receive assistance as a result of default on a Federal student loan or other obligation
  • file, with the school that he or she plans to attend, a Statement of Selective Service Registration Status.


Average award per scholar: <dollar/>1,500

For more information, check out the website.

See also