Robertson Scholars Program
This program is a scholarship and leadership development program for selected students at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Interested students are strongly encouraged to fill out a supplemental materials form available in August.
- Select students are contacted in late February to schedule a phone conversation (possibly an interview over Skype).
- Select students, chosen after the phone interview, are invited to North Carolina to visit and participate in another interview.
- Generally 18 Duke and 18 UNC students are selected each year.
- Full tuition, room and board, and mandatory fees for scholars at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Scholars receive a laptop
- Support up to two semesters of studying abroad during their four years as undergraduates
- Full student rights and privileges at both universities
- Second semester of sophomore year - Robertson scholars switch campuses: Duke Scholars live and learn at UNC-Chapel Hill, and UNC-Chapel Hill scholars live and learn at Duke.
- Generous funding for summer enrichment
- First summer (after freshman year) - Scholars live together and work individually on an 8-week community service project in one of four partner communities in the U.S.
- Second summer - Scholars design and implement projects at international locations such as Argentina, South Africa, and Bangladesh.
- Third summer - Scholars design and implement projects at a location of their choosing.
For more information, see the website.