There is a very, very small chance that anyone is reading this right now. But either way, here are my achievements:
2009-10 school year (7th grade)
MC regionals: earned some number of points; team 2nd place
MC states: earned some number of points; team 3rd place (and 100 check for us to celebrate that we were supposed to divide equally among us...unfortunately one team member took all the money and didn't give it back for >1 year. And only to me; the other two team members didn't even realize it until I informed them. One of them was extremely happy that someone owed money to him.)
AMC 8: 24 (Gosh dang stupid mistake!)
AMC 10: 126 (I actually spent a significant amount of time calculating my projected score after guessing to see if I could qualify for AIME. My projected score was something around 122, so I got lucky.)
AIME I: 4, never actually got the results back, so it's a guess.
Other competitions: won some amount of trophies
2010-11 school year (8th grade)
MC regionals: earned some number of points; team 1st place (!!! We beat our arch nemesis...!!!)
MC states: earned some number of points. CD 7th seed; got bumped down to 8th by a certain kid who crawled from 9th to 2nd. Team 2nd place. Another 100 check. Our coach decided to give us each 25 instead of trusting someone to give out the money because at that point I still had not received money from the year before.
Mu Alpha Theta: 3 first places, one second place; one fourth place in an open competition (everyone ranking above me was a senior who was about 1 foot taller than me.) Ironically, I got 4th place in a geometry competition. Huh.
AMC 8: 25!!
AMC 10: 133.5. Not too bad; top score in our school was 135 (ugh) by the same child who gained 7 places in MC states.
AIME I: 5. Pretty good, considering how hard everyone said it was. I did every non-geometry problem.
USAJMO: 11!! Really good, considering how it's almost fiftieth percentile and I hadn't done any preparation beforehand. I did #1 (how easy) and tried to prove #6 false but failed, which apparently gave me 4 BSing points. I was really happy about that.
AIME A/B Classes:
20 AIME Problems per week! ^.^ Plus a bunch from class. Most of the time, I could do 80%ish of them (which probably wasn't enough...*sigh*) but I wrote full solutions in my journal, which I am pretty proud of. Except then for geometry I did only 20-50% of the problems...
2011 AIME II (6)
I got a measly six on this. I could have gotten ten, though, if I hadn't made any stupid mistakes.
- 7: I made a thinking fluke and did it the wrong way (I don't even know how...?) Once I found out that I got the wrong answer though, I instantly realized I was supposed to use stars and bars. Whoops.
- 8: I used the roots of unity. Somehow, I screwed up.
- 11: Gosh dangit, forgot to count the first term...my method was the exact same as the one in the solution.
- 15: Screwed up somewhere. Again, my method was the exact same one as the one in the solution.
head bashes repeatedly I must make fewer mistakes...
2010 AIME II ()
My score is so horrible that I don't even---
So, stupid mistakes.
- 2: Uh, what. I don't even know how it was possible that I screwed up on this. It's the difference between the areas of two squares and apparently I just added their areas. Whoops...
- 4: The guy changes to a *different* airport gate, so there are 132 total possibilities () instead of 144 ().
- 9: Coordinate bash fail.
- 10: Hmm, undercounted by 3. Don't really know why...:\
- 13: Jeesh I did it the same way as the solution, just that the denominator of the fraction is , not . Same mistake as on #4. So, I made 5 stupid mistakes. Even worse than last time...:'(