Before adding any books to this page, please review the AoPSWiki:Linking books page.
- Botany in a Day: The Patterns Method of Plant Identification by Thomas J Elpel.
- A Seed Grows : My First Look at a Plant's Life Cycle by Pamela Hickman, Heather Collins (Illustrator).
- Foundations of Ecology : Classic Papers with Commentaries by Leslie A. Real (Editor), James H. Brown (Editor).
- A Primer of Ecology by Nicholas J. Gotelli.
- Microcosmos : Four Billion Years of Microbial Evolution by Lynn Margulis and Dorion Sagan.
Evolution and Population Biology
- Origin of Species by Charles Darwin.
- A Primer of Population Biology by Edward O. Wilson.
- Molecular Markers, Natural History, and Evolution by John C. Avise.
- How the Immune System Works by Lauren Sompayrac.
- Immunology and Evolution of Infectious Disease by Steven Frank.
- Immunobiology by C. Janeway.
- Frogs: Inside Their Remarkable World by Ellin Beltz.
- The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America by David Allen Sibley and Rich Cech
- Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs: The Definitive Pop-Up by Robert Sabuda (Illustrator) and Matthew Reinhard (Illustrator).
- PubMed Online Bookshelf a growing collection of texts. Includes past editions of several highly used undergraduate and graduate Biology texts (Alberts, Janeway).
- Public Library of Science Publishing open access peer reviewed journals. Searchable. Set up RSS feeds to receive news, top stories and tables of contents.
- Drosophila by Nick Sapien.
- Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine.
- Oxygen by Nick Lane.
- The Red Queen by Matt Ridley.
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins.