The following list of mathematics scholarships is primarily for American students. This list can be reorganized to incorporate scholarship programs in other countries. Just make that reorganization as clear and as clean as possible.
Additions to this list are welcomed and encouraged. Please don't be stingy about letting students in on how they can finance their educations!
National mathematics scholarship competitions
Major scholarship programs
- MathCounts -- Many scholarships are awarded at state and national level MathCounts competitions. website
Other scholarship programs
- Math Prize for Girls website
- Moody's Mega Math Challenge website
- Mu Alpha Theta offers several scholarships annually. website
- National High School Calculus Competition website (NOTE: website from 2005, currently no plans for future competitions)
- Yau High School Mathematics Awards (overseas) for math projects website
Scholarships to mathematics summer programs
- Davidson Young Scholars Program website
- AwesomeMath grants some scholarships to top performing MathCounts students.
- All expenses are paid for all students invited to the prestigious Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program
- Canada/USA MathCamp grants scholarships to top performing USAMTS students and offers generous need-based aid for many of its students.
- MathPath grants some scholarships to top performing MathCounts students and offers generous financial aid for many of its students.
- Mu Alpha Theta also offers summer grants. website
- PROMYS offers full and partial need-based financial aid and several scholarships
Study abroad scholarships
- Math in Moscow Scholarship website (NOTE: was not offered in 2010 - no longer funded)
- BeAnActuary scholarships website
Teaching fellowships and grants
- Newton Fellowship Program -- Math for America offers generous stipends for up to $90,000 for students training to teach math at a New York City high school. website
- Indiana Department of Education Teacher Technology Fellowships - Math