Singapore mathematics competitions
Mathematics Competitions in Singapore
Primary School (Grades 1-6 only)
- National Mathematical Olympiad of Singapore (NMOS)
- Singapore Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (SMOPS). Students who perform well in SMOPS may proceed to the Asia-Pacific Mathematics Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS)
- Raffles Institution Primary World Mathematics Contest (RIPMWC)
- Beestar National Math Competition(BNC)
- International Mathematics and Science Competition (IMSO). 12 students form the IMSO team and represents Singapore in this competition.
Secondary School (Grades 7-10)
- Singapore Mathematical Olympiad (SMO)
The most important would be SMO, or the Singapore Mathematical Olympiad, which is split into Junior, Open and Senior categories, which resemble, AMC 10, AIME, AMC 12 respectively in difficulty. It is used to select Singapore's IMO team. Students may also opt to take AMC examinations as prep in several centres in the country.
Annually, booklets are available of past year papers for practice and self-assessment.
Online Competition for (Grades 2-8)
The Beestar National Math Competition (BNC) is an online competition open to 2nd to 8th grade students around the world. It is specifically designed for elementary and middle school students and has been conducted twice a year in March and October since 2016.
Registration is open in Dec and Aug to all with an early-bird special rate. https://www.beestar.org/exam?cmd=natl_cp&term_id=58
The Purple Comet! Math Meet is a free, online, international, team mathematics competition designed for middle and high school students conducted annually since 2003.