List of Canada mathematics competitions
The Canadian Mathematical Society holds math competitions in Canada, including:
- Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge (COMC)
- Canadian Repêchage Competition (CMOQR)
- Canadian Mathematical Olympiad (CMO)
- Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO) aims to encourage and challenge mathematically gifted children in all Pacific-Rim countries. Each year the Canadian Mathematical Society invites 20-30 students to write the APMO based on their results in other national and international competitions.
The University of Waterloo Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) offers math and computer science competitions for students in grades 7-12.
- CEMC Gauss (Grade 7)
- CEMC Gauss (Grade 8)
- CEMC Pascal (Grade 9)
- CEMC Cayley (Grade 10)
- CEMC Fermat (Grade 11)
- CEMC Fryer (Grade 9)
- CEMC Galois (Grade 10)
- CEMC Hypatia (Grade 11)
- CEMC Euclid (Grade 12)
- CEMC Intermediate Competition (Grade 10 or lower)
- CEMC Senior Competition (Grade 10 or lower)
- CEMC Team Competition (6 secondary students)
- CEMC Canadian Computing Competition
- CEMC Beaver Computing Challenge
The International Mathematics Tournament of the Towns is a mathematical competition that doesn't require special knowledge or highly developed technical skills but require an imagination and fresh ideas. It is held in Canada in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Windsor.
The Mathematica competitions are held by the Mathematics Contest Centre, for students in grade 3-9.
Online Mathematics Competitions
The Brock University Mathematics Department holds free online mathematics competitions for elementary school students in Grades 3-9. See Caribou for contest dates, registration information, and practice material. The tests and practice material are available in both English and French.
The Purple Comet! Math Meet is a free, on-line, international, team mathematics competition designed for middle and high school students conducted annually since 2003.
Foreign Competitions that allow Canadian Participation
The American Mathematics Competition (AMC) has 3 levels:
- AMC 8
- AMC 10
- AMC 12
depending on a students grade in school
The Alberta High School Mathematics Competition is an annual mathematics competition for high school students in Alberta.
The Association Mathématique du Québec offers competitions for secondary school students and for CÉGEP students.